Each student's writing is evaluated independently by readers who are thoroughly trained and experienced in analytic scoring. All score reports are available through the WrAP Portal and can be viewed, downloaded and printed as desired. They provide teachers and administrators the ability to analyze the data with direct references to the traits and language of the rubrics.
New for Fall 2016-17
Individual Student Reports (ISRs) for non-stimulus and stimulus-based prompts now contain a copy of the student’s essay as well as links to exemplar essays at each score point—a deeper insight into scoring.
Visit the WRIIT library to review prompts, annotated and scored student essays, learning progressions and much more! And don't miss our webinar recordings to learn how WRIIT and WrAP work hand-in-hand to improve student writing.
WrAP provides individual, class, school, district and other reports in a variety of formats. These reports include an alphabetized class roster, an alphabetized list by grade, a class summary, a district summary, individual student reports, international class summary, rank order list by class and a school summary. Combined with the new Individual Student Report updates and the new WRIIT resources a full complement of quantitative and qualitative data is available to schools. Student labels, sets of essay images, and a data download are available with reports.
School Summary (Domestic)
School Summary (International)
- Individual Student Reports (ISRs) display raw scores for each trait and total raw scores with comparative data for other norm groups. ISRs include a copy of the student's essay as well as the genre-specific rubric with links to annotated exemplar essays for each score point.
- Alphabetized Class Roster reports provide trait scores for each component of the performance task and class/grade mean raw scores for each trait.
- Administrative Class/Grade/School Summary Reports display mean trait scores and the performance of the class/grade relative to the whole grade/school and other norm groups to allow meaningful comparisons across traits. In addition, this report displays the percent of students of the reporting group at five data points (90th, 75th, 50th, 25th, and 10th percentiles) and the number and percent of the students at each score point by trait as seen in the rubric.
- Individual Student Reports (ISRs) display raw scores for each trait and total raw scores with comparative data for other norm groups. ISRs include a copy of the student's essay as well as a genre-specific rubric with links to annotated exemplar essays for each score point. In addition, the ISR shows comparative mean scores, scale scores, percentiles and stanines with comparative data for other norm groups.
- Alphabetized Class Roster Reports provide trait scores, total raw score, group mean scores, and percentiles and stanines referenced to the Suburban, Independent, and International norm groups.
- Administrative Class/Grade/School Summary Reports give mean trait scores at five data points, (90th, 75th, 50th, 25th, and 10th) mean scale scores for the reporting group, Suburban, and Independent norm groups, and a comparative view of the students’ performance in relation to those in the Suburban, Independent, and International norm groups using trait score distributions for the school.
The researched-based 6-trait, 6 point rubrics are used to score all WrAP essays. These rubrics articulate a consistent view of the critical components of good writing across every genre, as well as the developmental path within each component or trait (from score point 1 to 6).
Pathways To Interpretation With TestWiz
ERB partners with Certica Solutions to provide TestWiz to our member schools. TestWiz allows your school to import other assessment data, and this provides you with even more helpful information from your WrAP results. You can easily track student progress, deliver targeted teaching, weigh instructional effectiveness, and build comprehensive student profiles to guide individualized instruction.