Log in to your online parent account to request new accommodations and manage existing accommodations.
Students who are eligible for accommodations must:
- Have a diagnosed disability that necessitates accommodation(s).
- Have complete and current documentation that establishes a need for the requested accommodation(s).
- Due to a disability, is granted and utilizes the requested accommodation(s) on a regular basis in his or her current academic setting as a necessity for demonstrating true aptitude.
*Students recovering from a temporary disability such as a broken arm or concussion do not qualify for testing accommodations on the ISEE. Please consider testing at a later date.
To request ISEE accommodations, you must create a parent account online. From your parent account, you will submit an accommodations request for your student(s). Once your accommodations request is processed, you will automatically receive the ISEE Accommodations Request Form via email. The PDF is sent to the email address associated with your parent account. Please read the entire PDF before proceeding. The ISEE Accommodations Request Form will include a Current School Statement section for your student's current school to complete, sign, and date. The form will also include detailed requirements regarding the supporting documentation as well as submission procedures.
Supporting documentation may include one of the following listed below. Please refer to the pdf emailed to you (the Accommodations Request Form is also available to download from your student’s online account under “Accommodations”) for the full description of the required protocols for each, as this will determine if what you submit is eligible.
- A complete psycho-educational evaluation dated within the last three years.
- An IEP or 504 Plan from the current calendar year.
- A school accommodation plan from the current calendar year (based on testing within the last three years).
- A letter from a medical doctor if the accommodations are required due to a medically-treated issue (some types of chronic disease) or a physical disability (legal blindness, deafness, paralysis, etc.).
Do not register for a test date before receiving an accommodations decision by email. The formal review/approval process can take up to two weeks once a complete file is received. A file is marked as ready for review when both the current school statement form AND eligible supporting documentation have been submitted. Accommodations files are reviewed in the order that they are received.
Once you receive an email with your student's accommodation(s) decision, you may register online. If your accommodation(s) were approved, be sure to register for a test date and site that offers the approved accommodation(s). You may choose to remove any approved accommodation(s) in order to register for a test date and site that does not offer all of your student's accommodation(s). The approved accommodation(s) are valid for 15 months from the date of approval.
*Please note that ISEE will review for any documented and supported accommodations offered to your student at his or her current school, but approved accommodations do not guarantee an available test site location. ISEE test site locations offer only specific accommodations and most do not offer all accommodations. If the approved accommodation(s) for your student are not offered at any available test site locations, you will need to arrange for an individual ISEE administration with the admission office of one of the ISEE test site schools to which your student is applying