Entrance To PreK – Grade 4*
ECAA* is a one-to-one, interactive, and child-friendly way to get an accurate picture of your child's current abilities. The What to Expect on the ECAA is a guidebook for parents to shed some light on what you can expect from the ECAA one-to-one testing experience. We hope that it also provides you with some best practices in terms of preparation for the days that lead up to the assessment.
ECAA Fee Schedule
|Assessment||Candidates for Grades||Pricing|
|ECAA||PreK, K, and Grade 1||$595.00|
|ECAA||Grades 2, 3 and 4||$645.00|
Rescheduling ECAA Testing
If a student is unable to appear for a scheduled ECAA test, parents must request an alternate test date as soon as possible. ERB strives for optimal testing conditions; use your judgment if your child is sick.
- If you need to reschedule for any reason at least 14 business days prior to your appointment, there is a rescheduling fee of $25. You may reschedule online or by phone.
- If you need to reschedule fewer than 14 business days prior to your appointment, you must call ERB at (646) 503-2600 to do so. There is a late rescheduling fee of $50.
Withdrawal from ECAA Testing
Parents can always decide to withdraw a candidate from the testing process. If you decide to withdraw your child and cancel your appointment you may do so online or by phone.
- Cancellation/withdrawal at least 14 business daysprior to your appointment will result in a withdrawal/cancellation fee of $25.
- Cancellation/withdrawal between 2 and 14 business daysprior to your appointment will result in a late withdrawal/cancellation fee of $50.
- Cancellation/withdrawal fewer than 2 business days prior to your appointment will result in a withdrawal/cancellation fee of $150.
If your child is preparing to enter grades 3 or 4, accommodations are available for the Reading Comprehension portion of the ECAA. Parents requesting accommodations for their child must download, complete, and submit the ECAA testing with accommodations form. Please allow up to four weeks for the accommodations application to be reviewed and for ERB to contact you to schedule testing.
To learn more, please email or call (646) 503-2604
You want your child to approach an upcoming assessment with confidence. While all our tests are designed to be intuitive and age or grade-appropriate, we encourage you and your child to review our What to Expect on the ECAA guide to help you both feel comfortable on test day. This guide provides a general introduction, sample questions, helpful tips, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Gain a greater understanding of your child's ECAA score report. Available online for easy access, each ECAA report is individually written and carefully reviewed. Reports provide a detailed snapshot of your child's current skill development.