Accommodations (Entrance to Grades 2 - 12)
ERB will make every effort to arrange accommodations for students who are unable to take the ISEE under standard conditions because of a documented learning difference or a physical challenge. Accommodations are not flagged on the ISEE score report..
The ISEE accommodations review/approval process has recently changed from selecting a test site location and date and seeking approval for the requested accommodation(s) to seeking approval first and then selecting a test site and date. In doing so, the approval will stay with your student for 15 months from date of approval and you may register for future tests within the 15-month time frame without requesting approval for each test or working with the ERB accommodations team. The registration process will ask you to create an online account first, select “Yes” for accommodations, list the accommodations your student utilizes in his or her current school, submit the ISEE current school statement form and current supporting documentation, and upon formal review (which can take up to 3 weeks) and approval, select a testing location and test date, and process payment. Files are reviewed only when complete, on a first-received, first-viewed basis.
If your student has already been approved (as of 8/1/16 or later), the approval is on file with your online account and registrations can be processed with the approved accommodations until the 15-month window has expired.
The goal of this change is to provide accommodations options for families for a longer period of time. Schools, testing offices, and online Prometric test centers provide specific accommodations. The list of available accommodation seats may be viewed on the online registration after an approval has been granted by email.
*Please note that ISEE will review for any documented and supported accommodations offered to your student at his or her current school, but approved accommodations do not guarantee an available test site location. ISEE test site locations offer only specific accommodations and most do not offer all accommodations. If the approved accommodation(s) for your student are not offered at any available test site locations, you will need to arrange for an individual ISEE administration with the admission office of one of the ISEE test site schools to which your student is applying.
Eligibility for ISEE Accommodations:
A student with a documented disability may be eligible for accommodations such as extended time (50% extra time) on the ISEE. The student must:
- have a disability that necessitates testing accommodations.
- have complete and specific documentation that establishes a current need for the requested accommodations.
- currently receive and utilize the requested accommodations, due to the disability, on a regular basis for school-based testing in the student’s present school environment.
Types of Supporting Documentation That May Be Submitted for ISEE Accommodations:
- Formal Testing - a complete psycho-educational evaluation dated within the last three years
- An Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan from the current calendar year
- A School Accommodation Plan from the current calendar year
- Physician Letter - a letter from a medical doctor is required if the accommodations are due to a medically-treated issue (such as a vision impairment, deafness, paralysis, ADD, ADHD [treated with prescriptions], etc.) or a physical disability.
To request ISEE Accommodations online, please click here.
Questions and additional information:
For questions regarding testing with accommodations - email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding supporting documentation requirements - email email@example.com